The members of the Steering Committee are:
- John Baker, Managing Director, Digirati Ltd
- Adam Hyde, Founder, The Collaborative Knowledge Foundation
- Jennifer Gibson, Head of External Relations, eLife Sciences Publications Ltd
- Andrew Smeall, Chief Digital Officer, Hindawi Ltd
The specific responsibilities of the Steering Committee can be summarised as:
- Ensuring that the community-driven development process is fair and transparent for all participants
- Evangelising the open-source project to possible users, funders and new community members
- Ensuring adequate participation by staff within each member organisation in Special Interest Groups
- Supporting the project leadership in communicating the benefits and obligations of membership to the community
Joining the Steering Committee
Any organisation or individual can be a member of the Steering Committee and new members are added by consensus of the existing committee. Specific individuals representing organisations should be in a senior position and have access to technology or publishing knowledge in their organisation.
For more information please contact the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org.